Monday, May 23, 2005

The search is over

Well, looks like the job search turned out well. I'll be starting at my new job June 1st. I was offered the post last Wednesday. Friday was my last day at the old job, so I have a week and a half between jobs. I guess I'll use this time to write full-time.

My proposed new boss said all my references at the other places I've worked praised me. That's always nice to hear.

I will be commuting to the new job - but hey, my commute was .8 of a mile for the last year and a half.

I spent most of the weekend getting caught up on housework and then getting caught up on my records and paper work in my personal office. Things had gotten a little behind in the past two or three weeks because of the killer pace I was keeping on the job.

OK, here's the latestfrom the sci fi roundup. "Fermi's Fraternity" didn't clear the second reading at Andromeda Spaceways, so it's back home. Futurismic returned "The Dragon's Black Box". I've sent them "The Idiot Box". Fictitious Force returned "The Runner at Dawn." I sent the story to Brutarian.

I've sent "Video Killed the Radio Star" to Leading Edge magazine. This is the first time I've submitted to this mag, but "Video" is 9,700 words long - it's the longest story I've ever written - and there aren't as many plces I can send it.

I've tried to send "A Djinn for General Houston" to Lenox Ave. , but their auto-responder keeps kicking it back. They are reading for a themed issue - "Mechanical Oddities" - and the story certainly fits, but I'm not sure I'm gettingtheir subject line right. I've sent a separate e-mail inquiry to the editors.

OK, now that things are returning closervto normal, I'll be posting more frequently.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new gig, Lou. Where you going to be slaving away at now?

    ReplyDelete

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...