Sunday, December 02, 2007

Another riddle solved

I finished up "Meet Me at the Grassy Knoll" on Monday and dropped it in the mail to Sheila on Tuesday. In that story, I solve the riddle of the second gunman at the Kennedy assassination. Hint: He wasn't shooting at Kennedy.

I am hung up right now on which short story to work on next, or whether to start on a book. I've been ponderng while dealing with another orthopedic problem. Because of my diabetes, my legs and feet are very stiff, and apparently last weekend I somehow, while sleeping at night, strained the muscle in the arch of my left foot. I must have folded the foot up a funny way. I guess a normal person might have felt it when it happened and woke up, but I didn't feel it until I got up in the morning.

I've been hobbling around all week, and this weekend I've been working in a systematic fashion to deal with the problem. But the ache has been debilitating me all week.

Last spring I had another problem with my left leg, when my flannel pajamas bunched up so tight around my knee that it was twisted. It took me two months to recover from that.

Ahh, the joys of diabetes. Well, I'm grateful that my circulation and healing remains fine, even if I have pronounced neuropathy.

I haven't posted a video in a while. Here's an oldie but goodie I found on YouTube, from the days of my youth. I guess I've been thinking of the '80s because the book outline I may start working on has a crucial plot twist that involves technology falling back to about the 1985 era - before cell phones and the interbet were common.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...