Thursday, March 27, 2008

Nice career milestone

Looking forward to the publication of "The Witch of Waxahachie" in Jim Baen's Universe in a few days, I had a nice little milestone creep up on me, in my real profession. I recently wrote a feature story for my newspaper (I don't get to actually write all that much - a managing editor is exactly that) and I ran it by the AP to see if they wanted to pick it up for their wire service. They did. It's about a neat little museum here that started when a fellow's collection of John Wayne memorabilia grew into a small Western-themed collection called The Legends and Lawless Museum.

That's the first time I've had a story picked up by the AP, so I guess that's a milestone.

The past two years, I've spent the last weekend in March at AggieCon in College Station, and I enjoyed it very much. But this year, the state Managing Editors annual meeting is also this weekend, so I'm going to Galveston instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...