Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Good news from an unexpected quarter

I got an email today I didn't expect. It began:

"Congratulations! You have been selected for a follow-up appointment at an upcoming Jeopardy! contestant search for the Dallas area, exclusively for those who successfully passed the online test. This is the next step in becoming a Jeopardy! contestant. We have reserved the following appointment for you:" and so forth.

I took the on-line test for the game show a few weeks ago and promptly forgot about it.

I had thought that my story on Ardath Mayhar had run in the Nacogdoches Daily Sentinel last Sunday, but I called Managing Editor Bobbie Goodrich today and learned that, because of a scheduling mistake, it didn't run until today. I asked her to me a tear sheet.

Getting ready to leave for Austin the day after tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...