Friday, August 08, 2008

"Avatar" earns honorable mention


I just got my copy of Gardner Dozois' annual anthology, "The Year's Best Science Fiction, 25th annual collection". I had to ask my local Hastings Bookstore to order it for me. I see that my story "Avatar", which was published by the e-zine Darker Matter in April 2007, made the honors list.

This is the ninth honorable mention I've had in five years. Other stories previously recognized are:

"Silence is Golden" - Revolution SF (2004)
"Circe in Vitro" - Astounding Tales (2005).
"The Rocket-Powered Cat" - RevolutionSF (2005).
"I Got You" - Bewildering Stories (2005).
"Pen Pal" - RevolutionSF (2005)
"A Rocket for the Republic" - Asimovs (2006)
"The Cast Iron Dybbuk" - Andromeda Spaceways In-Flight Magazine (2006)
"Dialogue" - RevolutionSF (2006)

I was shut out last year.

"Darker Matter" has since folded, but my story is still archived, if you'd like to read it:
http://www.darkermatter.com/issue2/avatar.php

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:15 AM

    Congrats on your story making the list.

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me be the first to congratulate you, Lou! Talk about a blast from the past... i can't recall precisely why I decided to glance at the wikipedia entry from my old home town on the "South Shoah," but I did and there you were, fellow grad, RHS class of '75, now a prolific writer of short SF stories. Way to go, Lou, (or Louie, as we used to call you)I knew you had it (or at least something)in ya, glad to see it bloom in such a creative and entertaining fashion.

    josh p. - currently your spittin' distance neighbor in Tulsa OK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Josh -

    Well, it's nice to hear from you. I was a panelist at conventions in Tulsa both in 2006 and 2007. This year I wasn't able to make it.

    I wonder what happened to some of the other usual suspects, like Neil Kingston or Chris Sances? Nobody left in Rockland I guess.

    ReplyDelete

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...