Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Mojo Joe is coming

Back in April, the Humanities program at Northeast Texas Community College (NTCC) here in Mount Pleasant held a film program on four consecutive Thursdays. The science fiction films were offered as part of an extra credit program. It was a very successful project. I helped by introducing and offering what I knew about "Fahrenheit 451", which was the program April 16.

They are doing it again in October, this time with horror films. I will be doing the honors for "Alien" on Oct. 22. East Texas's own Joe Lansdale will be here the final week, on Oct. 29, for a showing of his own "Bubba Ho-Tep".

I was the one who suggested Mojo Joe back in April; I'm glad they asked him and I'm glad he's coming. I've also invited Joe for dinner; I plan to bake a lasagna. He says he'll be coming with daughter Kasey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...