Saturday, March 13, 2010

I think his last name was Campbell...

Got some nice comments this week from another newspaper editor here in east Texas who got a review copy of "Fantastic Texas":

"The review copy arrived yesterday, and I read two or three stories last
night.

"You have remarkable talent.

"When I was in Jefferson City, Mo, some years ago, I lived across the
street from Gen. Lawrence Heinlein, brother of Robert Heinlein. He told
me that Robert's writing career took off when he sent a story, I think
in the 1940s, to one of the early Sci-Fi magazines, whose editor was
legendary. I think his last name was Campbell.

"Anyway, the editor wrote him and asked "how long has this been going
on?", and Heinlein became a regular contributor.

"Keep up the good writing!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...