Tuesday, March 30, 2010

New Boston plans

Plans are being made for me to do a reading from "Fantastic Texas" and sign copies of the collection at a meeting of the Friends of the New Boston (Tx) Public Library in July. I was editor of the newspaper there from 2005 to 2007. New Boston is the county seat of Bowie County, whose largest city is Texarkana - setting for my story "Avatar". I hope to get both the New Boston and Texarkana papers to cover this. I plan to rebate a third of the cover price of the book to the Friends; at the wholesale price I'll still make money. I read "A Rocket for the Republic" at a meeting of the Friends in 2006, and they enjoyed it a lot, it was a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...