Sunday, December 11, 2011

Latest acceptances


Got word that Wesley Kawato at Nova SF wants to buy a story of mine; we have to work on the edits, but I don't think that will be a serious problem. Nova SF previously published my story "Good Old Gal" in Issue No. 18 in 2006. If this holds true, it is my third story already set to publish in 2012; I have already signed contracts for Daily SF and BuzzyMag.

David Gray at 4 Star Stories says it looks like a go for "Rockets and Reindeer" to run in the Winter issue. That will be my 11th story published in 2011.

Started the weekend with a household chore; I had to dispose of a brush pile in the back yard that's been accumulating since Spring 2010. Normally, it would have been torched last fall or winter, but we have been in a drought and a burn ban was in effect until last Tuesday. We had almost five inches of rain last weekend, which allowed the burn ban to be lifted.

The pile was about 15 feet long, ten feet wide, and maybe four feet high. I started it at 2 p.m. and it was essentially burned down to embers by 10 p.m., although the ashes are still smoldering this morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...