Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Call me "Perfesser Lou"


I'm following up on a plan I've had for some time, and I am going to try my hand at teaching. I've spoken enough times and participated in enough panels that I think I'd like to try to teach a class myself. Since I don't have the appropriate academic background to teach a for-credit class, I approached the continuing education department at the local community college. They approved my class. Here is the course description:

The Art and Craft of Writing Speculative Fiction:

Lou Antonelli - whose short fiction has been published in the U.S., England, Canada, and Australia - will share writing tips and techniques designed to help students become published authors themselves. Lou, who has two short story collections, "Fantastic Texas" and "Texas And Other Planets", is also a journalist and Editor of the Mount Pleasant Daily Tribune. In his course, the student will discover reasons to write, writing fiction versus non-fiction, how to write science fiction, fantasy, and other genres, and how to "peddle the final product." Don't miss out on this exciting opportunity to learn the Art and Practice of Writing Speculative Fiction! Thursday evenings from 6:00-8:00 p.m. beginning April 12. BT Building, Room 109. Tuition/Fees $75.00 Instructor: Lou Antonelli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...