Thursday, April 19, 2012

"Crab Apples"

I've been working off a list, sorting story ideas from conceits, and I've worked a few of the conceits recently into flashes. This evening I finished up "Crab Apples", which like "The Return of Alfred Bester" and "The Relic" is exactly 995 words. It got into this 990 word kick after writing "Double Exposure", which has been bought by Daily Science Fiction. It came in at 991 words, and honestly, I think it's the best thing I've ever written, certainly my personal favorite. By writing a few flashes, I get the list of story ideas trimmed and have a better idea of what I really have in terms of potential stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...