Wednesday, June 06, 2012

A fan letter to Ray


Over six years ago, when I was still pretty wet behind the ears in this speculative writing stuff, on a whim I dashed off a hand-written fan letter to Ray Bradbury. It was pretty goofy stuff, but he was kind enough to send me this nice letter back:

---
Here is the text:

April 20, 2006

RAY BRADBURY ENTERPRISES / A CALIFORNIA CORPORATION
10265 Cheviot Drive • Los Angeles, California 90064

Dear Lou Antonelli:

Thank you for your good letter and kind words. I wish I could respond in length, but as you might guess, I get one heck of a lot of letters every week.

The bottom line is that I deeply appreciate your affection and I wish you well with your own career over the months and years.

Good luck and best wishes,

(signed) Ray Bradbury

---

Good-bye, Ray. You were an inspiration, a role model, and a wonderful example to all writers

1 comment:

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...