Monday, June 11, 2012

SoonerCon coming up

SoonerCon is being held this coming weekend in Oklahoma City. I haven't been to one since 2009, when I had the unpleasant experience of blowing my transmission on the Indian Nation Turnpike and having to spend Friday night in Henryetta. Michael Moe picked me up and brought me to to OKC the next day, so I essentially only was there for half the con.

The past two years I have attended ApolloCon in Houston instead, but this year - after many glowing recommendations - I decided to return to OKC. Ironically, I will still be there only for half the con; because of work commitments I can't leave until mid-day Saturday.

That being the case, the programming people for the con have given me a great schedule. My only event Saturday is a reading at 4 p.m. I have three panels on Sunday, the first at 11 a.m. entitled "When Supernatural and History Collide: Cowboys vs. Aliens, Pride, Prejudice and Zombies, etc."

At noon I will be moderating the panel on "Cryptozoology in Urban Myth: Hate to Say it, We Need Bigfoot.

My signing is at 2 p.m., and then I will be on the panel "Is it Aether: How Spaceships Fly in Steampunk" at 3 p.m.

Michael Moe and Bev Hale are being nice enough to put me up for the weekend, a big help since recent hospital visits have run up thousands in deductibles.

Looks like it will be fun weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...