Monday, March 03, 2014

Gone so soon

I was saddened to hear of the death last Thursday of Aaron Allston, who was only 53. He was a panelist at the first convention I ever attended, ConDFW in 2003.

Before I met him, I never knew an author who came out of gaming, or who wrote in a shared world. It was all part of the learning experience for me as I began to write speculative fiction.

He had a major heart attack in 2009, and had been in precarious health. I hate to see it when someone's quality of life is diminished by that kind of debilitating health problem.

I didn't know him well, but I know a lot of people who did, and regarded high very highly. Such a shame, and such a loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...