Saturday, August 16, 2014

"Letters from Gardner"

I've been going through the revised proof copy of "Letters from Gardner" this weekend. It's been a while since I wrote the book and so I've enjoyed rereading it. It seems obvious to me I spent a lot of time thinking about this subject before actually setting it all down in print.

The manuscript is 248 pages; I found typos or mistakes on 12 of them. I suppose there are still some lurking around, but one thing I've learned over the years as that — being human — to always be a mistake or two someplace. I've always thought the key thing is to make sure a typo is not egregious enough that people can't tell what you meant.

I hope to be able to post the cover art soon. If John Teehan gets this in print before the end of the year that will mean I had two books published in one year.

1 comment:

  1. We've come a long way since 545 West 111th Street, my friend. I am ecstatic regarding the successes of your portfolio. What most observers never will know is that you were an entrant to the arena long before your first publication. Mimicking the exceptional talents of the vintners of Bordeaux, you had the patient brilliance to realize that your craft needed years to ferment before the opulence of the work would ignite the tastebuds of the mind's receptors for those accomplishments literary. I sense flavours of a life well-lived in each of your offerings.

    My best wishes to you, Lou ! No one deserves reward more, you are the living embodiment of the adage that assures success coming before work only in the dictionary. I only wish that Doc was here to see it, he would have a great laugh knowing that you were a transplanted New Englander residing in his beloved Lone Star State, married to one of its most wonderful brides !

    Please stay in touch at rayfcom@optonline.net.

    ReplyDelete

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...