Wednesday, October 08, 2014

The century mark

If you take into account that I've had 85 short stories published in the past eleven years, and I have five accepted for publication right now, that means by the end of the year - or thereabouts - I could have 90 stories published. So it looks like I'm within striking distance of 100.

Of course, I don't mind being published in small mags and ezines. I follow the policy of the late Jay Lake, who one colleague once said "would submit to anything with a pulse." Also, I've stolen a trick from Joe Lansdale, who's published tons of short stories over the years, and therefore can assemble collections very easily. With the publication of "Letters from Gardner" I now have four.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...