Monday, February 16, 2015

On the job

Sunday night, after getting back from ConDFW, I cast my Nebula award nomination ballot. A short while later I got an unexpected email:

Dear Lou Antonelli,

I'm the Nebula Award Commissioner this year, and part of my job is to monitor incoming nominations and make sure they are in the proper format and adhere to the Nebula Rules.

In reviewing your ballot, I noted that you nominated "Tuesdays With Molakesh the Destroyer" by Megan Grey for a Nebula Award. Unfortunately, it is not eligible in 2014, as it was first published or released in the US in the January 2015 issue of Fireside Magazine.

For magazines with print editions, such as Asimov's et al, we go by the official date listed on the publication's cover or copyright page, and the Nebula Award rules committee has determined that in this case we will do the same.

"Tuesdays With Molakesh the Destroyer" by Megan Grey will be eligible for nomination next year. I have removed this nomination from your ballot.

If you would like to replace this nomination you can edit your ballot until 11:59 PST tonight.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or if you need any help with your ballot.

All the best,

Terra

Terra LeMay
Nebula Award Commissioner
SFWA

I was impressed by the effort made to insure I didn't waste a nomination spot, and I indeed went back and made another nomination.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...