Friday, September 18, 2015

Foreign languages

I wonder what's the rhyme or reason for why authors gets picked up for translation in certain countries? Joe Lansdale has been published numerous time in Italy; he's even won a literary prize there.

Howard Waldrop's told me that for some reason he gets published in Finland all the time.

I got a story translated and published in Romania, pretty much out the blue.

Well, like any reprint, it's pretty much found money; in my case, I made almost as much money for the republication as the original sale.

It took a week for my credit union here in East Texas to figure out how to accept the wire transfer from Bucharest. I actually spok to the CEO, who told me they had never received a wire transfer from overseas before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...