Friday, January 29, 2016

Curses! Found out again!

I got two rejections today, both from top notch quality magazines. The first said it was "definitely a close one" but the ending was weak, so they would pass.

I have said before, and I will say it again: Good feedback, even with a rejection, resonates with the author. Yep, the editor is right, that story did have a relatively weak ending. But I couldn't come up with a better one - at least right now - so I sent if off and crossed my fingers.

The fact the editor mentions something that already crossed my mind confirms my previous thoughts. Maybe I will come up with a snappier ending in the future.

In the second case, the editor said the story was "thoroughly entertaining" and he personally enjoyed it, but ultimately the tone was too light for the publication. Again, a good call, and good feedback regarding the magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...