Monday, January 18, 2016

Done right

Back on Jan. 13 I wrote about my feelings about "constructive criticism". Today I was reading through some old emails and found a message I sent to a reviewer back in 2011 who had written about my novelette "Dispatches From the Troubles" published in GUD (Greatest U. Denominator) No. 6.

"I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed your review of Issue No. 6 of GUD at SF Site in May, and - of course - my story "Dispatches from the Troubles." It was a dense and complicated story; you obviously read it thoroughly and "got it" (believe me, not all reviewers read what they review carefully). You seemed to enjoy it overall, and even your criticisms were valid ("damn, he found me out!")."

I just thought I print this to highlight that there are reviews that are valid and insightful, and and even when noting shortcomings they can be helpfu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...