Monday, July 04, 2016

Latest efforts

I spent a few hours today dictating the first rough draft of a short story using Dragon software. I haven't written anything new since February. I came up with 2,918 words - but just barely.

I've been cursed all my life with a weak voice, and it is hard for me for talk for such long periods of time. I will lose my voice and choke up. Whenever I'd had a full hour to do a reading at a convention, it's usually very hard for me to finish.

I managed to get to the end of my rough draft, but at the end I could barely make myself understood by the software. No matter, I intend to edit brilliantly.

I also got caught up this weekend with my submissions; I have 18 short stories in 21 slushpiles. I have five stories pending publication.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...