Sunday, October 09, 2016

Lou, Louis and Luigi

Some of you may know I have a Facebook page where I post purely personal things. It uses the name "Lou AntonellI". It is used mostly for outreach to people interested in me as an author.

Originally, this page was called "Author Lou Antonelli" and the other one simply "Lou Antonelli", but I had to change it last year. When the Hugo nominations hit and the Puppy Kickers started their campaign against dissident authors, someone complained to Facebook that I was a liar because "Author Lou Antonelli" isn't my real name.

Facebook said I had to change it, but I couldn't have two Facebook pages both named "Lou Antonelli", so I changed personal one to my proper name, which is "Louis Antonelli".

(A colleague once asked - in light of the fact my middle name is Sergio - if my first name was really Luigi. Actually, although I am named for my paternal grandfather, who WAS named Luigi, my parents thankfully had the sense to bestow the English version of the name on me.)

If you are ever interested in keeping track of my personal life without any reference to literature and such, check out my other Facebook page, which can find here.. You'll read a lot about my wife, my dogs, my lasagna, and all the other stuff that is important to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...