Friday, September 29, 2017

Take no notice

I've noticed that Mike Glyer - the guy who runs the File 770 web site - has always seemed to believe his self-identified "Sad Puppies" are some sort of minority group that need to be ethnically cleansed.

Glyer lurks around Facebook pages and blogs, and cherry picks postings that he and his coterie of hate-filled commentators can use to attack and abuse those Sad Puppies.

File 770 purports to be a news site about science fiction fandom, but it's extraordinarily biased. I've noticed that if I post something he thinks makes me look bad - even if any normal, intelligent and honest person can't see any problem - he'll copy and paste it for his jackals to feast on.

On Sept. 26 I posted here about my satisfaction at having become a finalist for the Dragon Award on my own terms, without seeking any organized support. I realized this morning, as I am plowing through breakfast, that File 770 didn't take notice.

Now, Glyer's posted more trivial musings - from me as well as from other people - many times in the past. My reasonable supposition is that he can't see any hateful hay to be made from my comments.

Prejudiced and narrow-minded, he and his claque of character assassins would not admit of the possibility that I am a competent writer and that the Dragon awards are an indicator of popular appeal among fandom.

OK, I guess at some level I could be accused of being piqued at not getting free publicity - but that's not really the case.

I just don't like File 770, Glyer, his flunkies, and all the people who are still flogging the Sad Puppy dead horse.

4 comments:

  1. Personally, I think your being on Jon Del Arroz' Happy Frogs slate had a lot to do with your Dragon Award nomination --http://happyfrogs.org/2017/08/04/dragon-award-finalist-recommendations/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jon and Happy Frogs supported Beth Cato in the nomination period.

    http://happyfrogs.org/2017/06/23/happy-frogs-official-dragon-award-recommendations/

    Happy Frogs changed it's recommendation for the final ballot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I take it back then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No big deal, an understandable mistake. I was appreciative of Jon's support.

    ReplyDelete

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...