Wednesday, November 08, 2017

Off to Illinois

I'll be driving to suburban Chicago Friday to attend Windycon. Wish me luck.

This will be about the same distance I would have traveled from my home to attend DragonCon in Atlanta over the Labor Day weekend. As you may recall, getting stuck on a blocked interstate for five hours - plus the remnants of Hurricane Harvey moving inland - killed those plans.

Now, on the Veterans Day weekend, I am attempting another long trek. Like I said, wish me luck!

If you will be there at the Westin Lombard Yorktown for the convention, say Hi! This will be my first time to attend WindyCon.

Here is my schedule:

Saturday, 10:00 am Autograph Session

Saturday, 11:00 am-12:00 pm - Boardroom - 11am Readings

I will be reading my alternate history short story, "Queens Crossing", which is in the "More Alternative Truths" anthology - being released that very day!

Saturday, 12:00 pm-1:00 pm - Grand Ballroom H - Everything Old is New Again

Saturday, 1:00 pm-2:00 pm - Lilac C - VillianCon Submissions

Saturday, 2:00 pm-3:00 pm - Grand Ballroom H - Developing a Language (Texters need not apply)

Saturday, 3:00 pm-4:00 pm - Lilac B - Will They Get It?

Saturday, 8:00 pm-9:00 pm - Lilac B - Writing for Kids

Sunday, 11:00 am-12:00 pm - Maple - How RFID/NFC works

Sunday, 1:00 pm-2:00 pm - Grand Ballroom H - Will The Internet Survive the End Times?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...